Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh Oh Olsens!

7/13/2010

I know I said in a previous post that for now this blog is all Connor, all the time but I need to retract that a bit.  You see Fred and I have been practicing our grandparent skills for almost 10 years now.  Our sweet Olsens have not only given us lots of kid time and fun, fun experiences but Kirsten and her babies  have taught Emily and Elizabeth a great deal about being mothers.  We love you Olsens and consider you our family now and forever - even when you head to So. Cal!

It all started with this angel face.  I was "her Anne" and Braden was and still is my girl.  We can talk and share, play the piano, challenge each other to draw and prove to the world that you can have more than 40 years in age difference and still be best friends.


This wild child, Rian, has taught us SOOO many things!  To put away breakable things, not to leave scissors in the bathroom drawer or someone could cut their hair, that candles might not be such a great thing for little kids, to always have dress-ups and most importantly to fling yourself into life with pure joy!


Little Finn has not spent as much time with us but he sure taught us tenacity.  Five weeks with his mom in the hospital before birth, 3 months early, weeks in the NICU and now he is all boy.  Too bad he is moving to California, Connor because I know he has lots to teach you.

 

Last but certainly not least are angel babies, Graham and Taylor.  The lessons learned here are priceless and the memories forever changed our family.


 So last night it was off to the ball field to watch Michael play - just a reminder for MJ that Dustin is not the ONLY athlete she knows.  But really, I am not sure that anyone but Fred saw any of Michael's game.  Connor did not always seem to be in the mood even if it was his dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments. If the comment form does not work for you it is a little trick that Blogger is playing on Internet Explorer. You can install Google Chrome or send us an email with your comments.