Anne Morrow Lindbergh said "If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly in those moments."
Snappy and Papa surrendered the last few days. Wednesday: Papa flies home from Albuquerque. Snappy works late, makes a cake, picks up a ham and some mums. Thursday: Off to Eugene at 8 am for Daddy Gene's sister's funeral. Nice to see his brothers and sister - we definitely felt his presence there. Drive back home by supper time.
Friday: Papa off to work, Snappy preparing for a nice long day of checking things off the list when EMILY CALLED at 7:45 am. No big worries except low blood sugar that led to a woozy mom with a 17 month running around. Who cares about that to-do list? Snappy to the rescue - C and I played and once Em had some food she felt immensely better but I couldn't leave then, could I? Connor is getting harder and harder to photograph. He just wants to play and for you to get out from behind that camera. I did get this shot of his latest black eye.
And then guess who showed up? Snappy had promised a few hours of time to let Elizabeth get some work hours in so H & G with ELIZABETH in tow, just decided to come where the rest of us were.Connor took a nap and Emily felt good enough to make us all cookies with three kinds of chocolate chips, oatmeal and dried cranberries - yumm.
Connor woke up from his nap and wondered who took over Snappy's lap!
Just SURRENDER to it Connor, you will "live more richly", I promise.
1 comment:
DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BLACK EYE....CONNOR I AM SO SORRY, I BET THAT HURT....AND WHILE YOU WERE NAPPING SOMEONE ELSE GOT SNAPPYS LAP....THAT IS OK YOU WILL SHARE WONT YOU!!! JUST LOOK AT GRIFFIN HE IS READY TO START MOVING AROUND...COME ON HOLDEN, DONT LET HIM OUTDO YOU...
Post a Comment
We love your comments. If the comment form does not work for you it is a little trick that Blogger is playing on Internet Explorer. You can install Google Chrome or send us an email with your comments.