Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I was just looking...


"I wasn't doing anything, Dad.  Besides, you guys are all over there eating and talking." 
For the curious among you who like to know the menu: chips and two kinds of salsa and a cheese chipotle dip, fresh blackberry margaritas and blackberry limeade, yellow and white corn tortillas with marinated and grilled flank steak or grilled cod with chimichurri sauce tacos.  Top with a cabbage, radish, green onion, mint slaw in lime dressing.  Add some queso fresco, crema, cilantro, jalepeno and you are good to go.  And don't forget the homemade grilled pineapple salsa.  Top you plate with a side of black beans  with chorizo, fresh tomatoes, jack cheese, green onions.  And for dessert we had margarita ice cream sandwiches - delicious!  Shortbread lime cookies topped with a little turbindo sugar, lime zest and sea salt.  Filled with a mixture of lime sherbert and vanilla icecream.  This must be how we grow such big twins in Oregon, right?  Or is it big Snappys?

3 comments:

Joan said...

FOOD SOUNDS YUMMY.....LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A BIG HIT WITH ALL THE EMPTY PLATES.....AND YOU HAVE THE BABIES OUTSIDE....OH THE GREAT OREGON WEATHER......GLAD TO SEE HOLLY AND RYAN MADE IT TO SEE THE TWINS....LOVE TO ALL, MJ

Joan said...

THAT IS SO CUTE OF CONNOR JUST CHECKING THINGS OUT....HIS EXPRESSION IS PRICELESS.....

Kate said...

I couldn't even read through that menu.....please tell me we can eat like that when I am there......how did the babes do with hot sauce or did Liz go light?

I cannot wait to see these three boys, three moms, three dads. (that would include Anne and Fred, of course, in case you numbers weren't adding up)

Post a Comment

We love your comments. If the comment form does not work for you it is a little trick that Blogger is playing on Internet Explorer. You can install Google Chrome or send us an email with your comments.