Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beautiful Boy

How can even begin to write the words?  This blog is about being a grandmother but this entry is about being a Godmother.  Jacob Hoagland Raines, Kate's oldest son was killed in an ATV accident August 20th.  He was a sweet gentle boy who grew to be a kind gentle man.  Our family has been together all week and now we all head to the Gulf Coast for Mary's son Phillip's wedding.  Family sorrow and family joy all in one week.  I hope Connor will come to know the incredible strength of his Aunt Kate.  We love you Jacob.

1 comment:

Bonnie Newman said...

What a nice tribute. I am keeping him in my prayers and the family also. I was taken back by how much I saw Kate in him.

Post a Comment

We love your comments. If the comment form does not work for you it is a little trick that Blogger is playing on Internet Explorer. You can install Google Chrome or send us an email with your comments.