Making our house baby proof is a grandparents responsibility, right? So today I consolidated cleaning supplies from under sinks to above the dryer (where at least for now, Connor can't get them!)
Who knew we had two Soft Scrubs, two Comets, three window cleaners, three Liquid Golds, two Old English scratch cover polish, three silver polishes and .....count them....SEVEN brass polishes! I don't even have any brass to polish - nor would I polish it if I did.
When I told Emily about this tonight, she asked about polishing this very old (1903) baby spoon that was given to her by our 80 year old neighbor, Dorothy, when she was born. It had been Dorothy's baby spoon and has the complete poem of "There Was An Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe" engraved in the bowl of the spoon. Emily began polishing the spoon while on the phone with me and said "Is it ok that black is rubbing off the spoon?" Oh dear, clearly I never taught her about polishing silver!
1 comment:
My favorite silver polish is the one from Restoration Hardware that you intorduced me to I have found it here, now that I know what to look for...CAPE COD...it says it cleans and polishs all kinds of metal, I have only used it silver..it is very good...MJ
Post a Comment
We love your comments. If the comment form does not work for you it is a little trick that Blogger is playing on Internet Explorer. You can install Google Chrome or send us an email with your comments.